19.11.07

I am NOT just another bag

My wife had the privilege to interview Anya Hindmarch when she was in KL recently. She’s an amazing young entrepreneur with a good heart. Like most of us (well, maybe just me), we probably know her for her “I am not a plastic bag” bag. The message is simple: don’t use plastic bags and do your part to help the environment. These days, I guess a fashion statement is as good as a social statement – how convenient (pun intended).

Over the course of the interview, Anya said something that I thought was a gem of an insight, she basically said that there’s no better or more effective mood altering fashion item than the hand bag - it doesn’t matter whether you are a perfect size 8 or 18, a designer hand bag can make you feel perfect irregardless. Long live designer bags!